Saturday, June 14, 2008

red is not just for roses.

i dyed my hair red on sunday june 8th. last summer and the summer before that, i dyed my hair purple. the colour was actually chilled plum but that sounds kind of lame. i used this brand called loreal colour surge. seeing as how i cannot find it ANYWHERE anymore, my guess is that it is no longer manufactured. so i thought, "ohh well," and picked one of the normal brands. my mother told me to only choose a non-permanent dye so that i won't look ridiculous when i go back to school. clairol natural instincts was the ONLY brand of non-permanent hair dye on the shelves at target. i already knew i was going to go red because that is the most abnormal of the normal colours. i didn't want my hair to be too red so i chose the colour redwood. this colour was meant for dark brown or black hair. i have light brown. i did that stupid little strand test thing where you cut off some of your hair and put on a little bit of dye. i really couldn't tell the difference.
anyways.
sunday.
my mom put the goop in my hair while i sat on a chair in the kitchen. after all that was over and the dye washed out, my hair was this really dark almost plum coloured amazing red. i was so happy. i walked outside in the sunlight and my head looked like it was on fire. i didn't tell any of my friends when exactly i was going to dye my hair so they were all surprised when they saw me.

and i just have to say: i love the attention i get from my hair. i just never admit it.

No comments: