Thursday, November 19, 2009

Commentary

ink blots and peppered pottery.
the way I wish I was is gone.

chalk and bones chalk and bones
dead as a doornail on tuesday.

skeletal fractures, limp limbs.
sing songs, Aida's soundtrack
a verse.

scrape clump clump, scrape clump clump
my dead sister moves down the hall

the fat kid with the glasses.
yeah, he's got a stutter
and he likes to sing.

two turtle doves
and a piece of pumpernickel bread.
toasted and delicious.

crinkle, crinkle, crinkle, dust.
fallen leaves left discarded

macaroni and marmalade for supper
children would rather eat beets.

iron and oil
her majesty, the royal

hula hoops and paper mache
I fancy this party isn't so bad
my cup is full of kool aid.
and kool aid is for the cool kids.

the ceiling fan is silent
the tree branches are not
wind moves forever and always.

Elton John is the mood
Lion King is the tune now
Aida is over.

crystal balls and beauty
no, no take that back
those things aren't real

glitter, glue, and Mozart.
colorful fantasies in D minor

I wish I were an elephant
I wish I were a snail
Nevermind, my time for wishing has passed.

I'm not a child anymore.
There is no more time for nonsense.


entry: 10 september 2009.

No comments: