Monday, May 16, 2011

Where Do We Go Now? - GNR

There are two sections of my bedroom where lyrics are taped to the walls. The first place is between my bookshelf and my bed stand. Those lyrics have been there for a long time, probably five or six years without modification. The songs include: "99 Red Balloons" by Goldfinger, "The Anthem" by Good Charlotte, "Everything Is Alright" by Motion City Soundtrack, "Here It Goes Again" By OK Go, "Beverly Hills" by Weezer, and "Holiday In Spain" by Counting Crows.

More recently, but still aged by three years or so, are the lyrics on my ceiling above my bed. They are: "Pain" by Three Days Grace, "Redundant," "Hitchin A Ride," and "16" by Green Day, "My World" by Avirl Lavigne, "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses, and "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down. Some of these songs make me laugh and think why I ever put the lyrics on my wall (Avril Lavigne). The majority of the songs and artists are still high up on my favorites list, especially Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Weezer, and Counting Crows. I love and am proud of the music I listen to. The lyrics on my walls are not a fair representation. Most of the time I can put my iTunes library on shuffle and be satisfied with any song that plays.

I make it my business to be an influence on other people's music tastes and greatly appreciate when they influence mine.


Written 11 November 2009

No comments: