Monday, January 18, 2010

Lucid Dreams

The following is the scariest dream I've had that I can remember. I rarely have nightmares, so this was quite frightening.

In my dream, I woke up suddenly. I have a fountain-type thing that mists and changes colors from red, purple, blue. When I woke, it was giving off a purple light but wasn't misting.

My blinds were up - they are usually down when I sleep because my bedroom windows face the street, and I don't want anyone to be able to watch me sleep.

There was a man outside my window, but his hand was someone through the glass of the window, which was closed, and he was playing with the beads hanging in the front of the window.

I was extremely scared, and I yelled at him to go away.

I don't know if I went back to sleep or if I just closed my eyes.

For the second time, I woke up suddenly. I got out of my bed and opened my bedroom door. There was a purple light, similar to the one from the misting thing, coming from down the hallway.

The man was sitting right outside my door. His face and his body were in a shadow, so I didn't know who he was. He was holding a flashlight.

I called loudly for my mom and yelled at him again to go away. My screams were desperate, and I felt like I was sobbing. I wasn't crying, but I was terrified.

My mom came out of her room, but the man was gone.

Even as I write, that horrible feeling of terror is still inside of me. I've never been that scared from a dream, besides perhaps when I was a child.

However terrifying this dream was, the experience of a lucid (waking) dream is one I'll never forget. The feeling of actually being awake in a dream was so bizarre. I hope to have another one somewhere in the future.

Entry: 24 September 2009

No comments: